Saturday, September 12, 2015

Lesson 11: The Computer as the teacher’s tool

In this lesson, the computer will be emphasize as the teacher’s tool, in which it support the constructivism which was introduce by Piaget on 1981 and Bruner on 1990. In this lesson also, the social constructivism was also discussed, it is said that it is an effort to show that the constructivism of knowledge is governed by social, historical and cultural contexts. Vygotsky also stressed that the learning is affected by social influences, the computer as a teacher’s tool will help the teacher in their daily task because computers can provide access to information, foster creative social knowledge building and enhance the communication of the achieved project package. In the two learning theories. It is said that the teacher can employ the computer as an information tool, communication tool, constructive tool, co-constructive tool and situating tool. We can clearly see that the computer could really help the teachers as their tool on giving lectures to the students.
                       When I still highschool, my teacher in TVE kept on complaining about her situation because she’s handling 15 sections with 45 students and so, her time in the classroom and in the workshop was being divided unequally, as she said that giving visual aids is really hard at 1 class session, there are 3 sections and by using the visual aid alone can’t cater all the students learning. Because of that the sisters notice how hard her task is. So the sisters gave her a set of computer and a projector so that students at the back can see the presentation. From that experience I was able to realize how important computer is. On the activity that we had it was fun and I was able to comprehend well with the 2 learning theories and some contents in this lesson.
                       I reflect that, as what the reporter said that computer is really a big help to the teachers so we must use it properly. Everything has its own advantages and disadvantages so things must be used properly the computer as a tool will serve as our right hand or guide in giving lectures to our students. As a future teacher, I must learn how to use the computer well so that I won’t give any confusion to my students once I’ll be having my presentation.
                       As an application, I’ll give my best on using the computer so, the learnings that I learned on the computer I will also share it to my students and remind them that not to rely too much on this tool but we must have the skill and mastery of this so that we won’t be applying the law of ignorance.


                       

No comments:

Post a Comment