Saturday, July 18, 2015

Lesson 3: Understanding Technology Learners

Lesson 3 talks about understanding the technology learners. There’s no great teacher without a student being involve. For us to become a great teacher in our own way we need to understand first the student’s attitude.
            Most of the students nowadays spend their time on facebook, playing video games and surfing the internet, yet we don’t understand them well. It is said in this lesson that, there are positive benefits in using this technology one of this is, by using those gadgets being mentioned in the lesson, it will stimulates the brain by strengthening and creating neural circuits. It will create an intellectual revolution. If there’s a positive effects upon dealing on gadgets most of the time then, negative effects also will occur. As the gadgets make life easier, we tend to do multi-tasking. The research shows that multitasking can be detrimental since it prevents concentration and the completion of specific tasks. But multitasking also is needed in the world of information technology.
            Sometimes, I tend to do multitasking in 2 reasons, first is to lighten the boredom on doing a specific task and second to finish my task immediately. By doing multitasking, there’s a time you can’t guarantee that your work would have quality, there are also some time that, you finish the task without impurities. When I was a High School student, I just don’t understand about the essence of multitasking and I find it so abusing, while the teacher was discussing the topic my classmates were busy texting and surfing the net, I know it’s not good! Multitasking must be done at the right time and place. When I went to college that’s the time I realize how important it is (sometimes). From this lesson, I reflect that before I judge my students on how they behave in class about their addiction on facebook or any social media, I need to know first and understand them thoroughly. I can’t just blame them on their addiction but, as a future teacher maybe I can do something. As a student I’ll try to do multitasking at the right time and place. By doing my assignments at the right place and not inside the classroom while the class is going on. As a future teacher, I’ll make sure that my students won’t stress out during my discussion. I need to understand their addiction and relate it in my discussion so that my students won’t have this fear in going to school. In doing those things I won’t tolerate them I’ll have my whole discipline.
            A teacher must be flexible enough, she should be like a mother who knows and judge according to what is right. Who will guide her students and teach them properly. It’s a challenge for us to be like a Psychologist. Knowing our students well will give us a hint on how are we going to deliver our discussions. We just need to be smart enough on what strategies are we going to use to fit in with our technology learners.




No comments:

Post a Comment