Thursday, July 16, 2015

Lesson 1: A Review of Educational Technology I





            In Lesson 1 it talks about how the Educational Technology I helps the learner to become aware, appreciative and equipped in the use of Educational Technology tools from traditional to modern education media.
            This lesson taught me about the proper usage of technology and the 4 phases of application of Educational Technology I which are
1. Setting of learning activities
2. Designing specific learning experience
3. Evaluating the effectiveness of the learning experiences vis-à-vis the learning objectives and
4. Revision as needed of the whole teaching-learning process, or elements of it, for further improvement of future instructional activities.
To summarize everything, the lesson contains the following ideas, the Educational Technology I serve to;
a)      To orient the learner in ETI.
b)      To lend familiarization on how ETI can be utilized as media for teaching-learning process.
c)      To uplift human learning through the use of learning technology
d)      To impart skills in planning, designing, using and evaluating.
e)      To acquaint the learners.
f)       To introduce the learner to the third revolution in education, the computer.
From my experience in Educational Technology I, I reflect that technology isn’t about being good in using the computer or other technological tools for teaching but rather it is about sharing and using it in a good way. When we had our film fest before, I was a little bit nervous because we’re not yet familiar with the basic skills in movie editing. At that time I was thinking how should we overcome this dilemma? Until one day, one of my classmate tried to edit our video while letting us see how would it works. I know that our instructor before tried his best to teach us about the basic editing in some aspects, but to know the fact that we can’t remember everything he taught us. So we helped one another until we come up in a good output. Same with my experience in photo editing using the Adobe Photoshop.
            Just to have a throwback in relation to this Lesson about Educational Technology I, it is not only my knowledge and skills that was tested including my patience and my creativity. Learning this subject should be fun and must be done by heart. In the future, I should teach my students on how to use this technology properly. Because I do believe that if the proper teaching was done, then students would benefit from it. They will acquire both skills and attitude towards the usage of Technology. In teaching them, I will try my best not to spoon feed them much. I’ll let them explore, interact, listen and create great ideas. The duty of a teacher is not that easy that’s why it’s a challenge for me to adopt and be flexible enough in any circumstances. I’ll make sure that at the end of the lesson, my students would be able to achieve my objectives.

           


No comments:

Post a Comment