Saturday, August 1, 2015

Lesson 8: Higher Thinking Skills Through IT-Based Projects


Reflective study became the student’s pleasurable and most profitable activity. This lesson talks about the 4 types of IT based projects and how we could attain a Higher Thinking skills. By the use of the 4 types of IT based projects we can introduce to the students the principle of higher thinking skills. These projects represents constructivist projects, containing the key elements of a constructivist approach to instruction. In this lesson also the traditional learning model was being compared on the resource-based learning model.
            The activity was full of fun and learnings. I was able to know the difference more on traditional and resource-based learning model. Where in the traditional the teacher is an expert and information provider while in resource-based model the teacher is a guide and facilitator. To make it short between the comparison of the two, the teacher learning model is a teacher centered learning while in the resource-based learning model the center of the learning are the students where they are expected to explore and learn by their own through the help of a teacher.
            As a reflection, I couldn’t just stick on what I believe on the traditional learning model, as a teacher in the future, I must also use some sort of discovery approach where I could lead the students well and they could be able to browse the net and create a good quality output out of the activity.

            In application, I will make my students go beyond the textbook and curriculum materials. I’ll just be guiding them on what to do and give them a little hint on how to do it, so that they could have time to think well on what they are going to do. By that I can assure that my students would remember what are the things being discuss inside the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment